The resident fantasy football analysts – including Dan Portillo & Trevor Steinbacher of ADP and Tyler Lamb of Gillette Gazette – put together their list of the top 20 fantasy football quarterbacks to target in re-draft leagues. Stay tuned for running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends in the weeks leading up to the start of the season!
The Top Five
1. Josh Allen – Buffalo Bills – Bye: Week 7
2. Patrick Mahomes – Kansas City Chiefs – Bye: Week 8
3. Justin Herbert – Los Angeles Chargers – Bye: Week 8
4. Lamar Jackson – Baltimore Ravens – Bye: Week 10
5. Kyler Murray – Arizona Cardinals – Bye: Week 13
The top of the class. The cream of the crop. These five quarterbacks are not only elite on the field, but they bring the noise when it comes to fantasy football. These guys should be absolutley no-brainer type of picks that you can buld your offense around.
They have 25 point floors each week with the chance for way more. Just don’t go in to early on these guys. You should be targeting your QB in rounds three through five in most 10-12 man leagues and these guys have been available.
6. Jalen Hurts – Philadelphia Eagles – Bye: Week 7
7. Russell Wilson – Denver Broncos – Bye: Week 9
8. Joe Burrow – Cincinnati Bengals – Bye: Week 10
9. Tom Brady – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bye: Week 11
10. Dak Prescott – Dallas Cowboys – Bye: Week 9
This group of QBs is the group to target if you want to use the first five rounds to load up on RBs, WRs, and a TE and no one would blame you for doing it. These five guys all have the key elements you would want in a fantasy football QB: elite receiver(s), solid running game, great offensive line, and a high ceiling. Not to mention, they all have top five fantasy QB potential.
11. Trey Lance – San Francisco 49ers – Bye: Week 9
12. Matt Stafford – Los Angeles Rams – Bye: Week 7
13. Derek Carr – Las Vegas Raiders – Bye: Week 6
14. Aaron Rodgers – Green Bay Packers – Bye: Week 14
15. Kirk Cousins – Minnesota Vikings – Bye: Week 7
Now we are getting to the interesting names on the list. These guys are all fringe QB1s or could pose as great bye week heroes. Each of these quarterbacks – specifically Aaron Rodgers and Trey Lance – have the potential for big time seasons with it costing you a mid to late round pick. If you miss out on any of the top ten, don’t feel bad for grabbing one of these guys.
16. Matt Ryan – Indianapolis Colts – Bye: Week 14
17. Justin Fields – Chicago Bears – Bye: Week 14
18. Mac Jones – New England Patriots – Bye: Week 10
19. Tua Tagovailoa – Miami Dolphins – Bye: Week 11
20. Jameis Winston – New Orleans Saints – Bye: Week 14
This group is your bye week guys. The guys you can snag at just about any point between rounds 10 and 15. These are the QBs with either high floors and low ceilings or they are major boom or bust. When it comes to quarterback, you will not go wrog drafting one of these guys as your back up. Taking a flier on some of these young guys here might be a bold move, but it could pay off.
- Ryan Tannehill
- Trevor Lawrence
- Deshaun Watson
These three quarterbacks all received top 20 votes from our team, but could not quite crack the list. Of course, the Watson legal situation greatly effects his fantasy football value. We shall see how that story plays out. Ryan Tannehill is a part of a run-heavy offense and lost his top two receivers from last season. While the Titans did trade for Robert Woods and draft Treylon Burks, his value is certainly in question.
Finally, you have Trevor Lawrence. With new coach, Doug Pederson, Lawrence and the Jags will be looking to turn things around. Lawrence could easily find himself in the top 20 by season’s end and has the highest potential of the unmentioned QBs to do so. 2022 could be a beakout year for Lawrence.
Check out some of Dan’s other Stadium Rant content here. You can follow him on Twitter: @dan_tf40 and check in with his podcast The Fastest 40 on Spotify, Anchor, & Apple Podcasts. Trevor can be found on Twitter: @TrevorS_FF and you can catch him and Dan on Another Damn (Fantasy) Podcast on Spotify & Apple. Follow Tyler on Twitter: @Lamb4752 and find his Gillette Gazette content here!