Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


The Celtics Are Already Paying The Price For This Horrible Decision

Is this decision going to come back and hunt the Celtics?


The mighty Boston Celtics, who had a clear path to the NBA Finals after the first-seed Milwaukee Bucks went out in the first round now find themselves down 3-0 to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Celtics reached the NBA Finals last season and fell to the Golden State Warriors in six games, but it was a great learning opportunity, and there was no reason to think that the Celtics couldn’t return to the finals this season. 

Boston got hit with horrible news right before the season when their head coach Ime Udoka was suspended for the season for a violation of team rules, and interim head coach Joe Mazzulla stepped in as the head man.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Was Making Mazzulla The Head Coach Worth It?

Mazzulla helped bring the club to a 57-25 record and second place in the east. Mazzulla lost the interim head coaching tag and was named the new head coach back in February.

Let’s be real I could coach the Celtics to a 57-win regular season in the NBA where 25% of the teams tank and the other 75% rest of the teams couldn’t care less.

Boston might have been a little ahead of themselves making Mazzulla the main man before they saw him in the playoffs. Boston is the most talented team reaming and somehow, they find themselves one game away from elimination.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The Celtics dropped the first two games of the series, and you could argue they were the better team in both games but got outcoached and played in the last few minutes. 

Mazzulla has looked way over his head in this series, and he got blown out in Game Three. He unleashed all his bench players at the start of the fourth quarter, that’s how bad it was.

Mazzulla is only 34 years old, and this was his first season as an NBA head coach so he has a lot of time to learn the only issue is he isn’t coaching a young team he’s coaching a team that should be winning the finals.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

He doesn’t have all the time in the world to figure this thing out. Star player Jaylen Brown has one more year left on his contract before he can leave, and Jayson Tatum isn’t far behind him with two years left before he can opt out of his deal.

A Lot Of Big Time Coaches Out There

The NBA has gone on a firing head coaching spring the last few weeks when we saw guys like Mike Budenholzer, Doc Rivers, Monty Williams, and Nick Nurse fired. All those guys have either won a title or have been in the finals and have a lot more experience than Mazzulla.

Boston could’ve waited to hire their head coach and trust me they would’ve gotten any head coach they wanted. Boston would be the best job in the entire league and there’s no way nobody would turn that job down.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The Celtics are going to have a lot of work to do this offseason and there could be a roster blowup coming that will even make it harder on Mazzulla.

If you like fantasy football, check out Trophy Smack for your next league prize! 
If you enjoyed this article, give the SR Orginal shows on our Youtube channel a try, and subscribe if you’re interested. Possibly give our socials (FacebookTwitterInstagramTikTok) a follow all of which have great content as well!

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Written By

My name is Danny Fisher, and I'm a feature writer at Stadium Rant. I am a fan of many sports from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, College Sports, PGA, and whatever else is on. In addition, I enjoy golfing and doing other outdoor activities when I'm not writing about Sports.

Stadium Rant Recommends


The Celtics suffered a disappointed end to their 2023 campaign. Here's a big reason why.


Find out who is the greatest of all time (G.O.A.T) and has been a part of 25 percent of all NBA Finals in league...


The 2023 NBA Finals are set between the Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat. Who will win?


The Warriors lost a vital front-office piece in Bob Myers, is this the beginning of the end for their dominant dynasty?